8.17.2009

Non-Traditional Wedding Bands

Boring engagement rings...boring wedding bands... everywhere I look, everywhere around me, every time I log onto facebook...every day. As a metalsmith, it kind of depresses me.

I love the idea of non-traditional wedding bands...for obvious reasons. From alternative materials, to the conceptual, and even considering more critical & humorous approaches, the non traditional wedding band is very much alive, even though it's seen entirely too often in the "real world".

So, I wanted to share some of my favorites:

Sakurako Shimizu's "I Do" wedding bands feature the actual sound
waves of each person saying these words. Laser cut.

Image courtesy her blog.

Kiley Granberg's "Wedding Rings"

Image courtesy her website.


Ted Noten's "Wedding Pills" are alternative wedding bands inscribed
with the name of the loved one and date of marriage. Designed to be taken with "a glass of vodka", these propose the question: to look for them or not? The pills may also provoke
"the first marriage crisis".

Image found here.





BUY:AMT
is responsible for a series of "acrylic diamond rings" that
are available in a variety of colors.

According to this blog, the rings are being used as alternative wedding bands despite their potential to be quite short term objects.

On a more practical, permanent note, the same diamond ring,
as well as this thicker version, can also be found in solid gold or silver:

Images courtesy:
http://www.byamt.com/#/WEAR/
http://www.byamt.com/BuyAmt.html


Simple. Graphic. I like. Found on this blog. Design by Ash Hilton.


Found here.


China make's lots of cool looking cheap ceramic wedding bands, too.
Found here.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute looking. I always prefer wearing tungsten rings, since it is very stylish and rocking.

    ReplyDelete